10.30.2017

"Personalized" Cards

Today's post is a quick, goofy one.

When I began playing with the Winter Hearth Stamp and Cut set, an October My Monthly kit add-ons, it quickly devolved into a little guy named Calcifer. Now, you may or may not know who this fiery little dude is (ha, I couldn't help myself), but he's a character from Howl's Moving Castle (aka, one of the best animated films of all time), and he's the most adorable little fire demon ever.


Calcifer was stamped in Cup O' Joe for the log, stamped in Orange Ombre, and then I added the mouth with a ZIG pen and the eyes with a Sakura white gel pen and a micron pen. The Sakura white gel pens are so awesome, and something I haven't played with in a long time.

Anywho, he was nestled on the dry embossed coordinating die, on white cardstock, and given a speech bubble (of course!), courtesy of the Holiday Cheer stamp set.

I white heat embossed a strip of Kraft layering paper with the beautiful Holiday Florals background, and adhered that to the card. Pretty simple, but I know whoever receives this card (probably my sister) will love the little guy as much as me.

It's not often that I go out of my way to "personalize" a stamp, but it just occurred naturally with this fire image.

Thanks for stopping in and God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Michaels white, Hero Arts Kraft layering paper
Stamps: Hero Arts Winter Hearth Stamp and CutHoliday Cheer and Holiday Florals
Ink: Hero Arts Cup O' JoeOrange Ombre and Black; ZIG; Sakura white gel pen
Other: Hero Arts White embossing powder

Tools: Cuttlebug, heat gun, Hero Arts Winter Hearth Stamp and Cut  and Holiday Cheer die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)