5.24.2017

Many Blessings // Hero Arts

Part of the fun of making projects for assignments is that it usually takes me a couple runs to get a project I'm completely happy with, which inevitably leads a trail of stamped scraps behind. Using these scraps is a fun, relaxing little challenge for me.

For today's card, I was trying to focus on the beautiful Wallpaper Pattern stamp for THIS blog post, but I didn't end up using the background because it didn't stand out enough on it's own for me.
However, it still looked pretty stunning, stamped in Butter Bar, and topped with flowers from Color Layering For You Flowers.
The flowers were stamped in Soft Apricot, Navy, Green Hills, Fresh Lawn, Soft Purple, and Ultra Pink.


For the sentiment, I heat embossed the beautiful Many Blessings in Versamark with clear powder.  The sentiment doesn't stand out as much as I usually like to make my sentiments stand out, but I like how it works with the bright background.


For the last touch, I mixed a little bit of Sparkle embossing powder with some Martha Stewart glitter, and then heat embossed the mixture on a scrap of Sunshine layering paper. Mixing glitter with Sparkle embossing powder is a great way to get a custom color sparkle embossing powder.
I won't lie, it doesn't mix quite as well as legitimate glitter embossing powders, but hey, it works!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Hero Arts Sunshine layering paper, Canson Bristol
Stamps: Hero Arts Color Layering For You Flowers, Many Blessings
Ink: Hero Arts Butter BarSoft ApricotNavyGreen HillsFresh LawnSoft Purple, and Ultra Pink, Versamark
Other: Hero Arts Clear and Sparkle embossing powder, Martha Stewart glitter

Tools: heat gun

1 comment:

  1. Awe...this is so beautiful! Love the bold and vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)