9.15.2015

Background Stamping // Hero Arts

Just popping in today with a fresh, zesty card!

I've been waiting to use the Stamp Your Own Fruit set for awhile now, and jumped at the chance when I had some free time a while back.


For the background, I stamped the lemon, masking off the sentiment. I used the same technique, generation stamping, that I did with THIS video post.
To add a little interest to the lemons, I stamped a few scattered dots (to mimic the dotty surface of a real lemon) using one of the layering stamping from the Color Layering Fall Trees.


I stamped and heat embossed the lemon image on black cardstock to make sure it popped off the card. For the border, some glitter tape added some nice interest, and the kraft strip was stamped using the Candy Stripe Bold Prints. I love using Christmas stamp sets for non-Christmas cards, and this candy stripe background could really work with any occasion!

The card was topped off with some twine and gems to finish everything off.

Thanks so much for stopping in today and God bless!

SUPPLIES

Cardstock: Snow Layering papers, Kraft paper
Stamps: Hero Arts "Stamp Your Own Fruit", "Candy Stripe Bold Prints" and "Color Layering Fall  Trees"
Ink: Hero Arts Lemon Yellow, Versamark
Other: glitter tape (American Crafts), embossing powder (Hero Arts), gems (Hero Arts), twine (Darice)

Tools: heat gun 

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)