5.12.2015

Dry Embossed Smooshing // Avery Elle

Six days away from the blog, and I feel like I've fallen off blogland earth.

Not cardmaking world though, as I've been celebrating the beginning of summer break by making a few cards.
Today's card is for the AEI{heart}U challenge (spring) and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (sentimental)


I finally got the hang of the oh-so popular smooching technique, and used it to make a burst of spring colors to set the stage for the fawn. Spring is like that - bursts out of nowhere! I am SO happy to see green trees again!
But, I digress.
I wanted to do a little something extra with the smooching though, so I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to partially emboss the front. This triangle embossing folder by Cuttlebug is a great embossing folder staple - trust me, I only have two!


I topped off the card with a ever-so-slightly colored fawn from Storybook, die cut washi butterfly, an embossed sentiment from the Ellie stamp set, and a strip of washi.


That's all for me today - thank for stopping in and God bless!

******************************************



Supplies not shown:
Cardstock: Canson (white), Papertrey Ink (kraft), Bazzill (black)
Other: washi tape (Target), purple ink (Papertrey Ink), pink ink (Studio Calico), embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

4 comments:

  1. I adore your partial dry-embossing...the added vellum for the deer is fabulous, Clare! LOVE! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Let’s Get Sentimental” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card with this cute fawn, Clare! It is running neck and neck with my old HA fawn for my favorite critter stamp! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute! :) Love the watercolor in the background of your cute fawn.
    xo Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)