4.21.2015

Quilling // Lawn Fawn

I decided the blog was getting overwhelmed with girly cards again, so here's a masculine/gender neutral card to spice things up a bit.

This card was published in one of the last issues of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking...*sigh* I miss that magazine.


No joke, I pulled this quilled frog from my scraps basket, and I made it at least, oh, six years ago! I had a little thing for quilling for a while when someone gifted me a Klutz quilling how-to book, but I eventually found it too time intensive for my style of cardmaking.
I can spend hours playing around with the arrangement of items on my cards, but I don't care to spend too much time on individual items, thus I don't involve myself with Copics or fancy coloring shtuff.


Quilling this frog was pretty simple though. I don't know all the technical terms, but the frog's head is just a tight circle, and the other pieces of his body are loose circles pinched in simple, various ways. Add a little smile with a marker, then attach some googley eyes, and there's you have your frog!

Thanks for stopping in and God bless!

*****************************************



Supplies not shown
Quilling tools/design/paper: Klutz
Other: googley eyes (stash), vellum (Joann Fabrics)

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)