2.27.2015

Altenew // Vintage Roses

Playing along with Altenew's February challenge, using this beautiful inspiration piece...


...and also for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes challenge,
There is so much pretty in this picture that I had a hard time choosing which elements to focus on. In the end, I decided to mimic the embossing, jewelry, gold and pink, and then those little pops of blue.


For the base, I took my Love Triangle embossing folder, then lightly wiped my Versamark ink pad over the raised part. I wasn't particularly concerned with getting perfect coverage, and once I embossed the front of the card base, I covered it with gold embossing powder. I had to brush off a decent amount of powder that was clinging to the wrong triangles, but it wasn't too labor intensive.
I topped off the card base with a die cut and embossed sentiment, then some roses from Altenews gorgeous Vintage Roses set - love love love this set! Again, I wasn't concerned with stamping the roses perfectly or using all coordinating inks - you should know that when I say "I wasn't concerned with", it's basically my code phrase for "I was too lazy/impatient". ;) Anyways, I trimmed the flowers, adhered them to the base with some scrap die cut leaves, and, to mimic the jewelry in the photo and to bring out the blue, I topped off the base with some blue pearls.

Thanks so much for stopping in and God bless!

*********************************
Cardstock: Canson, Bazzill
Stamps: Altenew "Vintage Roses", MFT "Framed Greetings"
Ink: Versamark, Studio Calico, Tim Holtz
Other: pearls and embossing powder (Darice)

Tools: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Love Triangles embossing folder, MFT Framed Greetings die, PTI Life is Sweet die, heat gun

7 comments:

  1. Oh yum, Clare, this is a beauty! It hits all the highlights of the inspiration! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly lovely! Well done on the inspiration photo, Clare! Love the background and use of roses! The added mint pearls are gorgeous touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, I luv this design and feel....FAB! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love the flowers and background. Love what you were able to pull from the inspiration photo. Just FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)