8.23.2014

The Here and Now

...twenty four hours from the "now", I'm going to be flying across the ocean to spend a semester in Austria!!!!

I just wanted to quickly pop in before things start to get really crazy. First, a card I made a while back just for fun.


I actually can't remember now, but I think I made the pink watercolor splotches with Tattered Angels mist, let it dry, then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder. Then, I went over with some pigment ink, and cleaned the embossed sentiment off with a baby wipe. It was very techniquey and made me feel like a pro....like Jennifer McGuire herself! ;)

Anyways, onto to that second thing - while I'm in Austria, I hope to blog semi-regularly HERE (and post cards on this blog irregularly). I don't have a lot of set plans for what I'm doing in Europe other than studying, but I'm going to try to post places I'm going to visit when I find out I'm going to visit. So, if any of you international cardmakers see that I'm hopping around to your side of the pond, let me know! We could try to meet up, or, if not, you could give me some tips for must-see/must-do things. :)

Thanks so much for stopping in today and please say a prayer for my (and my fellow students) safe travels tomorrow!

************************************
Cardstock: Canson
Stamp: My Favorite Things "Chalkboard Greetings"
Ink: Versamark, Tattered Angels, Brilliance
Other: embossing powder (Hampton Art), gems (Martha Stewart)

Tools: heat gun

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot of blogs. (I can't comment on the other one, it says you have to be a team member.)
    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)