6.23.2014

Oh Ship!

If you didn't notice, I'm changing up the look of the blog (again).
I wasn't quite satisfied with the way the last template I used was preforming (I personally dislike "read more" blog posts), so I decided to throw it out.
I also wanted to try out my web design skills, so what sad mess you see here is actually hours of me struggling with Illustrator (which I've never used before), Photoshop, Blogger, and mostly, my own super slow and annoying laptop.
Hopefully the design, while simple, is decent enough to last me for a good while - at least until I actually learn how to use programs better. ;)

The card today is for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (anything goes - I forgot to link up with the friends challenge, so I hope it's okay I'm linking up to this challenge) and the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge (I ought to use this more - my patterned paper!)


This Naughty Nautical stamp set is hilarious - perfect for masculine cards, and fun too!


Some pretty Maggie Holmes paper made the ombre "waves" easy, sewed a border, and then topped it off with the simply stamped image.

Thanks so much for stopping in and God bless!

********************************
Cardstock: Canson
Patterned paper: Maggie Holmes "Flea Market"
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp "Naughty Nauticals"
Ink: Stazon

Tools: sewing machine, scalloped scissors

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun card! And I like your new profile photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how it looks like the ship is falling off the edge of the earth! A fun design, Clare! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny and super adorable! Cute image and perfect with he sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "I Ought to Use More of this".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)