7.11.2011

Backyard inspiration

Hey everyone! Clare here today, and I'm so excited to be sharing some projects using some of Donna Salzaars gorgeous papers!

For my projects, I decided to take some inspiration from pics around our home this summer - first up, some gorgeous flowers in the back yard...


These are just so beautiful! It gets so busy around the bushes - you can hear the loud humming of insects as they wander to and fro.
Anyways, onto the card...


As you can see, I was mainly inspired by the colors here - I also added the butterfly, because I saw them hovering around the flowers, though I was never quick enough to get a pic.


I distressed the gorgeous Spring in Bloom collection with some white ink to calm down all the colors.

For my second card, I took inspiration from our pool (also in the back)...


Lookin' at the blue and greens in that makes me so happy!
Here is a card using some of those (much toned down) greens and blues...

The wood paneling surrounding one side of the pool inspired me to use this canvas cloth like paper, also from the Spring in Bloom collection.

And now I'm going to tell you how I got the glitter on my butterfly, and on my trees...


For the butterfly, squirt out some of the Essential Glue pad refill on to scrap paper, and brush over butterfly. For the trees, use a paintbrush (I'm using a tiny one!) and go over the area well with Essential Glue pad refill.
In both instances, make sure you wait about five to ten minutes before you add the glitter - that way the glitter will stick better than if you put it on right away.

Thanks so much for looking!


*************************************************
Supplies
Butterfly card:
Spring sky for GCD Studios
Peachy dream for GCD Studios
S'mores for GCD Studios
Chip Art Chipboard Shapes Small Frames by GCD Studios
Chip Arts Alphabet Stamps Sparrow - Numbers and Glyphs by GCD Studios


Tree card:
Spring blooms for GCD Studios
White Colored Rose for GCD Studios
Peachy dream for GCD Studios

5 comments:

  1. Clare, it is so fun to see where your inspiration came from on these two beautiful cards! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so soft and pretty, just like the flowers that inspired them. Love that butterfly and your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are so beautiful, Clare! Love how you took inspiration from your yard, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Clare! Love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both cards are so pretty! love where you found the inspiration. beautiful work as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)