6.13.2011

i like ewe

...am I the only one who used to say this as 'ew-eee' instead of 'you'? Haha. ;)

Just quickly popping in to share a card made for this weeks Lawnscaping challenge - my first card (that I'm sharing ;)) with Lawn Fawn stamps!


Isn't that sheep too cute? I didn't want it to be so....flat, so I tried several ways of adding dimension. 

Tissue paper.
Fail.

Punched circles, overlapping.
Fail.

Betsy Veldman's technique (because I don't have flocking).
Time consuming (I had to use the back of a scissors since I didn't have the distressing tool), but, success! :)
And here's my little fluffy sheep...


Makes me smile - hope it makes you smile too. :)

Thanks so much for stopping in today!

*************************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: LSS
Patterned paper: GCD Studios 'The Great Outdoors'
Stamps: Lawn Fawn "Critters on the Farm"
Ink: Staz-on
Other: brad

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, Glossy Accents, sewing machine

12 comments:

  1. Claire this is SO CUTE! Love it! BTW I've done this technique with a grater and it works really well and everyone has a grater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute Clare. Great to make the little ewe so fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this. I LOVE LOVE LVOE LOVE LOVE your sheep! Your layout is awesome! PERFECT take on the challenge! Another easy way to edge distress is to use a steak knife... i have found that works perfect and I am less likely to cut myself, lol!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! And, no, you're not the only one saying ewe like that. It took me FOREVER to understand that it was supposed to stand for 'you' =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire this is so stinking adorable! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this card is adorable, love the overlapping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!! You'll get addicted to Lawn Fawn for sure, enjoy and hope you can get more inky with those stamps!! Love what you've done here with the sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little fluffy sheep!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your hard work was worth it. This is absolutely adorable! I especially love all of the hills in the background. They're understated but add a ton of dimension. Lovely! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It definitely makes me smile! What a cute card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. too cute! such an adorable scene. super card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute Clare and great texture on your little guy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)