11.11.2010

No patterned paper...

Hello there!

I've been such a bad blogger recently, I thought two posts in a row couldn't hurt. ;)

I've also been having some mojo problems lately - I don't know if you noticed, but I'm rather into the shabby style now, with lots of patterned paper. Well, lately, I haven't been able to work with any patterned paper, so I accidentally made my first card that doesn't use ANY patterned paper a few days ago. Yep, even though I've made some pretty CAS cards, they've always had at least one piece of patterned paper in there somewhere, so this card made me pretty happy. :)
I made it with the Waltzingmouse and Card Patterns sketches in mind...


Instructions: Cut and score card base, than tie ribbon around the middle. Taking some scrap cardstock (of the same color as the base), stamp grass in light green ink, than stamp elephants. Adhere this to base.

Those elephants were a total accident - I didn't mean to stamp like that, but the first one came out with ink darker in some places, so instead of stamping all the grass again, I just did the last two elephants like that as well. And you know, I think it's kinda cute - hope you do too. :)

Thanks for stopping in!

*****************************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: LSS
Stamps: Hero Arts "Elephants"
Ink: Colorbox, Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Other: embroidery thread

Tools: trimmer, scissors, adhesive

13 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love the CAS take on this week's sketch! Thanks for playing along with this week's WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...this is so cute! Love your clean design and the little bit of twine! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute! LOVE the pretty clean design. fabulous card as always, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your row of ellies and the bow tied around to remember! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, Clare! Such a cute design and way to go not using the pp. (Although, I love your cards with pp too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet and very soft in the same time.

    carole
    http://www.lescartesdecarole.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable Clare! Love the simple look to this. So glad you could join us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i totally love your elephants and your accidently colour technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how this card is clean and simple: it makes it more striking. And I love how the elephants turned out: I was wondering if the stamp was made like that, until I read your post and you explained it. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GREAT CAS card, love those elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is this Clare! Love those elephants! Thanks for playing along with CP this week! Thanks also for stopping by on my blog! Yes, everything is fine with me, so nice of you to ask! Hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)