10.08.2010

Flowery birthday (because I couldn't come up with a better title)

Hi there!

{Sigh} I love Fridays - it means you're close to Saturday, which is my favorite day. :)

This is a recent card - I seriously hadn't made a card for almost two weeks before making this. Right now, cardmaking wise, I'm in this little rut where I think 'I'm not putting anything together unless I'm 100% sure it will work!' I was getting pretty desperate when I finally remembered this weeks 2S4Y sketch - I've been having a hectic week where everything is slipping my mind! So I pulled out my latest cardmaking faves - Girls Paperie paper, hand-dyed seam binding, a pretty sentiment and cream, speckled cardstock, and put this little number together.
Oh, and psst! You might want to take a look at the sketch I used - COTW wins a spot on the team! ;)


Instructions: Cut and score card base; round corners. Stamp images onto cream paper, and add glossy accents. While this is drying, cut patterned papers out and sew together. Cut two small slits in between the papers, and tie a bow through this. Adhere button on bow. Adhere image to patterned papers. Stamp sentiment and adhere to patterned papers. Adhere patterned papers to base.

I suppose you can't see the glossy accents from the photo, but they're there and I absolutely love them! I've been sticking it on everything, even embellishments I wasn't even planning on using! It's just so much fun. :)

And lastly, before THIS slips my mind as well, thanks so much for all the sweet comments yesterday! They are VERY much appreciated!
Have a sweet weekend!

********************************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: LSS
Patterned paper: Girls Paperie, Basic Grey
Stamps: Martha Stewart, Sugarloaf
Ink: Colorbox, Martha Stewart
Ribbon: Hand-dyed available HERE
Other: glossy accents, button, embroidery floss 

Tools: trimmer, scissors, adhesive, sewing machine

9 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh BEAUTIFUL!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo perfectly lovely!! LOVE this in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I seem to have that problem too! Sometimes I end up just saying the name of the stamp or whatever in the title. hehe! Beautiful colors on this card! I love that tiny little flower blossoming in the pot. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare - you are the master of shabby chic CAS - your creations are always fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card, Clare! So feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card Clare! I love how simple and feminine it is :) You did a fantastic job.

    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)