9.20.2009

Postage Card

Hello!
This WILL be a quick post, I promise! And this time, decent photos! Yes yes yes!



Supplies: Chipboard, scrap paper, ribbon, Heidi Grace baby rub-ons, gems, cardstock, and Martha Stewart stickers.

Made for todays Caardvark Sketch! First time participating, so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. :)

I scored big deals on the rub ons and stickers. Got them at Big Lots - a lengthy sheet of the rub-ons and three sheets (54 stickers total) of Martha Stewart stickers, for a buck each! I'm telling you, Big Lots is the place to be for a thrifty scrapper. But I will admit, those rub-ons gave me trouble on this card...on the detail shot, you can see how the 'r' and 'd' are messy....oh well...I almost always have trouble with rub-ons....American Craft and Basic Grey are the only ones so far that I haven't had any trouble with.

Now, about the edge of the card, all I did was punch holes so it would look, or at least resemble, a postage stamp to go along with the stickers. I used a mini punch too, so the holes wouldn't be too large.

Woo...hot weather here....at least it's not sticky and hot...that I can't bear!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

ETA: I made the Top Three Scoops at Pile It On! So excited! Thank you so much everyone for your kind words, and thank you PIO DT! :D (wish you could see the huge grin on my face right now!)

6 comments:

  1. I love this card. The stamp theme is perfect. Those little critters are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, so simple and classic. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous bargain find ... and what an adorable sketch card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the Caardvarks sketch. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooh what adorable little critters! i love your sweet "boy" card! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! The postage stamp border, the fresh colors, the adorable images! Sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)