9.14.2009

Pink and black tree

Hi all!
Today, I have a card made using several challenges (so far). First and second, an idea that hit me at the same time, was combining this weeks TE sketch with this weeks Hero Arts challenge (I'm allowed to enter more than once for the HA challenge, correct?), new technique. And seriously, using a stamp other than a sentiment is pretty new with me. This is actually probably one of the first times I've used a non-sentiment stamp. Yeah!

So then I figured I might as well use pink and black so it would fit for the GCA #58 challenge (I looked briefly through the site, trying to figure out what the "GCA" stands for and couldn't figure it out...can you help me with that?).

ETA: I knew I had seen another site with a similar challenge, and it turned out to be Pollycraft challenge! It also fits in with this weeks Pile It On challenge! First time participating in all of these challenges so far, except for the Hero Arts one. Woo! I'm on a roll! =)
I think their might be several other challenges with pink and black, but I don't have the time to check it out right now.

Anyways, here's the card I've been chatting so much about...



aaaand, closeup!



Supplies: Cardstock, scrap paper, thread, ribbon, Hero Arts "Tree, Birds and Messages" stamp, gems, ribbon, pink Souffle pen, black ink.

I just stamped the tree in black ink, colored in some of the leaves with one of the Souffle pens I won on Tracy's blog. Then I just stuck the paper together, and sewed the border. Last, but not least, I glued the ribbon on, and, oila! ;)

My icky cold has gotten much better - my throat hardly hurts, and my head is feeling less stuffy...now if only my nose would pay attention...lol.

Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. This is just lovley! so crisp & clean...really LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to Pile It On! I hope you keep coming and playing w/ us!

    I love your card, it is so elegant and love the little bits of bling and glamour.

    -- dalis
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like all of it...Beautiful, thanks for playing at PIO

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your card is stunning...gorgeous image and love the stitching.
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty card! Congrats on combining all those challenges-GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I think "GCA" stands for Getting Creative with Ann. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty! Love the colors and how you colored the tree - very cool! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that tree is amazing! Very PRETTY!

    Amy -- Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just fabulous!!! Love the clean and simple look and how you used the souffle pen! Love the way you used the touch of pink! Thanks for playing in challenge this week and I hope you come back! GCA stands for Getting Creative with Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card! Thank you for playing with PIO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats, you have been picked top 3 scoops at Pile it On!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)